Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Holiday Card Fun

On Friday nights, Mike and I usually end up at Auntie Em's (my LSS) and last Friday was no exception...except Emma had a HUGE selection of new stamps and I went a little crazy. I bought some new Hero Arts stamps and made these 2 cards:


I used last year's SU Christmas paper, Old Olive and Cranberry Crisp card stock and 2 of my new stamps on this card. I embossed the christmas ball and merry christmas sentiment in silver, then I added the silver cord.


I used Purely Pomegranite and Blue Bayou for this card. The background was wheeled in versamark with the new Mistletoe wheel and embossed with clear embossing powder. The back panel is the holiday stamp from Block Party. The Merry and Bright is from another Hero Arts stamp. I used my coluzzle to cut it out (I'm hoping SU comes out with a 2" circle punch!) and used my scallop punch for the mat. The ribbon is Purely Pomegranite double-stitched and white grosgrain. The circle and scallop are popped up with dimensionals.

23 comments:

Caroline LeBel, Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator said...

sweeee-eeeeet :) Love 'em!!!

Maria said...

Wow Michelle, I love your Christmas Cards! They're awesome I love the layouts and the pretty colors!

Great job!

Maria

Melissa said...

Awesome Michelle! Both of these are fabulous!

Crafty Connie said...

Wonderful, wonderful cards. You definitely have the design mojo flowing. Thanks for the inspiration.

Unknown said...

Oh gosh.....I just love them both! Great color combos and design, too!

Anonymous said...

Both cards look wonderful, Michelle!

Anonymous said...

I like the colors I'm just not sold on that stamp set, too many words lol.

Anonymous said...

I like the top one alot though.

Renée Storch said...

Oh I absolutely love your cards! The colors are great!

Alhambra Club said...

lovr them both, love your embossing on the first card

Risa said...

Both of these are great! I love the color combo and the embossing too.

Kathy said...

Love your cards - I also bought some new Hero art stamps over the weekend. can't wait to use them

Julie Mutch said...

Hi Michelle,

Gorgeous Xmas cards! Funny I just made a card last night with the same colours of your second card. I love those colours together. :)

Great job!

My Paper World said...

I love both of these! very pretty!

CeeCee said...

Wow, these are gorgeous! I love the way you laid out the garland with the ornament. Absolutely brilliant!
CC

Colleen Schaan said...

You really know how to get a gal in the mood! (grin) I love these great holiday cards.

Corie said...

Both of these are so gorgeous!!! I love the bayou with the pomegrante -- what a beautiful combo!!

Anonymous said...

Love your cards, great stamps.

Mrs. Nancy G said...

My fav is the top one. Both are wonderfully done too.
:-)

Anonymous said...

Hey, is that scallop punch from SU!? Because if it is, I wanna order one. And maybe something else too. Bring a catty for me on the 23rd? I'll drop by in the morning, but I have to go to a family reunion in the afernoon. :)

Btw, awesome cards, as usual! :D

Sam said...

Wow, you're almost putting me in a Christmas mood!! Love them both!

Unknown said...

Awesome cards Michelle!!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Wow! Both of these cards are gorgeous!