Friday, July 27, 2012

Fun and Fabulous Friday...Hearts

I swapped a lot at convention. Swapping is a great way to get new ideas. This card was based on a swap, though I changed it up quite a bit. The main idea I got from the swap card was using the Hearts framelits to cut the heart shape, then add the strips of paper behind it, so it kind of looks quilted. COOL!


Here's how to make this card:
-Cut your Soft Suede card base 5 1/2" by 8 1/2" and score at 4 1/4"
-cut Midnight Muse mat piece 5 1/4" by 4"
-cut Very Vanilla piece 5" by 3 3/4"
-emboss Very Vanilla piece with the folder of your choice (I used Chevron)
-Use the Hearts framelits, 3rd size from the smallest, and place on your Very Vanilla piece and cut.
-cut 5 strips of Designer Series paper 1/2" by 3" and place them behind the heart.
-Adhere the Midnight Muse to the card base, then adhere the Very Vanilla piece to the Midnight Muse.
-Take the heart shape that you cut out and pop it up.
-Pop up sentiment over both hearts.

Enjoy!
Also, my Fun and Fabulous card class is tonight at 7.00pm! Hope to see you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle I Think this card is awesome. I'm thinking how I may do it a little different. Thanks for the idea. Jeannette