Monday, May 21, 2012

A Fun-Filled Weekend


First, this was the weekend of the Crop For Autism Awareness, for which I was the Stampin'Up! demonstrator. I set up my "booth" with my displays of cards, scrapbook pages and My Digital Studio samples. I also did a card class, where half the fee went directly to the crop, to support Autism Awareness in rural communities. I brought Stamp Bear with me, and wore my cool Stampin'Up! shirt.
Secondly, it was my Dad's 80th birthday, and we had a surprise party for him. All five of his kids came (as well as some in-laws and grandkids) and we took lots of pictures, but this one is my favourite. This is all the siblings together, a rare event.
We pooled funds and got him tickets to the Blue Jays playing the Red Sox in Toronto as well as train fare to and from Cobourg, where he and my mom will stay with my brother, Dane and go to the game with him. My Dad was genuinely surprised...it was wonderful!
Thirdly, I went to my friend Jen's for a fun, creative day stamping with team members.
Fun-filled weekend.

No comments: