Monday, May 28, 2007

New Scrapfest Goodies!

I had a blast at Scrapfest in Ottawa on Saturday! I only spent a total of 30.00! (10.00 at Scrapfest, and 20.00 at Endless Memories!) I also filled up my frequent buyer card and got another 20.00 in goodies.
So, what'd I get? At Scrapfest, I picked up 2 of the Heidi Swapp stamps..."enjoy" and "adore", and some paper. I enjoyed browsing the booths and participating in a couple make'n'takes, but not overly blown away by anything new. A couple of booths had 30%-40% off merchandise, but nothing that interested me.
Went to Endless Memories (a LSS) where Karen had a 30% off entire purchase sale. Got another Heidi Swapp set, "baby", and some Heidi Swapp brads. Also picked up some Tombow refills, Fancy Pants big chipboard Paisley, some primas (for the first time!) and used my full card to get the Simply Stated set by Fancy Pants.
So I made this card...my original design is shown first. But when I scanned it, it came out

THIS way! So I'm thinking, which way looks better? The original design or this design? Let me know your opinion by posting a comment in this post.
EDITED TO ADD: I actually do prefer my original design, which is the first card shown.




This card used:
-Black Card Stock by SU
-Paper by CTMH
-Swirl'n'Flower stamp by Fancy Pants
-Adore stamp by Heidi Swapp
-Patterned Primas
-Pretty in Pink brads by SU

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Michelle, I like the first scan. Seems more balanced to me, then the empty space on the second. Either way hon it is a beautiful card!!!

Anonymous said...

I prefer the 2nd one, but my brain doesn't like to read things down then up! lol. Very beautiful! So glad you had an awesome time at ScrapFest Michelle. Now off to browse more of your blog - you have changed it so much since I last visited. It looks GREAT! :)

Anonymous said...

Like them both. Properly have to say I prefer the top one.

Anonymous said...

The top design is more balanced, but the bottom one is easier to read. Either way, it's a nice looking card. :)

Juliet A said...

What will happen is that whoever gets this card will hold it both ways, trying to figure it out, so I don't think it matters (but I like the top one).

michelle sturgeon said...

Juliet, you crack me up!
Hopefully, the writing on the inside will help clarify which way is up! LOL!

Anonymous said...

I actually like it the way it scanned in...with the word sideways...I don't know why, just do! (pretty card)

Spot-On said...

I prefer the bottom one I think, ask me tomorrow the answer could be different! lol!