Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Versamark Resist Tutorial

I tried to be productive today. My table looks like a hurrican blew through. I tried several times to come up with a great design using this leaf set, French Foliage. After about 8 hours or so, I finally put this together.
I love the Versamark Resist technique for the background. I just wasn't sure what to do with the rest of the card. So this is what me, my husband and my neighbour voted on.They didn't see it with the popped up leaf, but it HAS to have a popped up leaf.
So, what does everyone think? I need to make this 24 times, for 24 demonstrators, so I want to make sure it's good.

Versamark Technique in Three Easy Steps
You will need:
-glossy card stock
-versamrk pad
-brayer
-ink pad
-your favourite stamp set

Cut Glossy card stock to the size you want.
Ink your stamp with the Versamark pad and stamp randomly on the glossy card stock.
Run your brayer in your ink, and brayer over the versamark images. The darker you go, the more the images pop.

I hope you will try this technique!


4 comments:

Julie Leblanc said...

outcome is super KEWL!!! Like it a lot!... Do a few more and you might convince me to get the set!

Sandi said...

Michelle, this is weird -- we both came up with the same idea for cards. I used this same set for a shoebox swap tomorrow night, and used the glossy cardstock also. I love your design because you did the resist technique (wished I would have thought of doing that). I will be posting mine either tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for another great idea using this set.
Hugs,
Sandi

Michelle Benoit said...

Hi Michelle,
Beautiful card. I forgot about that technique and have just applied that technique in my 6x6 scrap page! Another thought for making another card with this set...when you bleach old olive, it turns yellow...that would look beautiful! Thanks for the reminder!
Michelle

Lady8i8 said...

I am absolutely in LOVE with the versamark resist technique! I'd heard of it but never actually saw it until you showed us on Sunday.. I think I have a new favorite now..

Thank you so much!! You have fed my inner creative monster.. ;)