Monday, July 19, 2010

Convention swap card

This is the card I made for the swaps at convention. What are swaps? Well, we design a card front and make as many of them as we want (I have 45 of these, only because I ran out of Pacific Point card stock) and other demonstrators make their card fronts, and we trade with each other. This is a great way to get new samples and new ideas! And a really fun way to meet new people! It's so much fun.
I used the new set Aviary and the new background stamp called Pretty Pattern. The colours I used are Pacific Point, Melon Mambo and Old Olive.
So, I'm ALMOST ready for convention...still packing. LOL! My flight leaves at 7:17 am, so I have to get up at 4:00am! The worst part, I have a 3 hour layover in Chicago! So I won't get to Salt Lake City until 2:30. :(
I found out that my friend is staying at the same hotel as me, so I will likely bump into her often. I also can hardly wait to meet my room mates! I roomed with the most amazing girls (Hi Angela and Dawn!) in 2008 and we had a blast!
I will try to update while I am there.
Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

Crafty Connie said...

Oh I wish I knew in advance that you had a layover here in Chicago. I would have made arrangements to buzz by the airport to meet you in person. Have a safe trip and enjoy the convention.