Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Paper Quilts


I love these quilts that I have seen everywhere! What a great way to use up scraps of paper. Want to know how to make it?
-cut paper 1" x 1" (great way to use up those scrap pieces)
-cut a base 4"x 5 1/4" (can be out of card stock that you really don't like, b/c it won't show!)
-smear glue all over that base.
-adhere the 1" pieces creating a pattern that is pleasing to you.
-Once the whole base is covered, use the Top Note die to cut it out.
-To create a quilted look, run through the Big Shot using one of the Texturz plates.
-I also cut a piece of card stock to use as a mat for my card and ran that through the Big Shot with the Texturz plate.
-Assemble your card and embellish at will. I like to use buttons...it goes with the whole theme.
-Sometimes I actually sew on the "quilt" before I assemble the card. This adds extra texture and looks really cool.

9 comments:

Mrs. Nancy G said...

I really haven't done this technique yet. I'll have to give it a whirl! :-)

I love the texture that you added. Great touch!

:-)

Shari Nelson said...

I like this! I have seen it before but thanks for the instructions! I'll have to give it a try.

ceecee said...

Michelle, this card is so soft looking. I love it!
CC

Caroline LeBel, Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator said...

See? there's a reason why you're one of my WOW stampers! Cuz you rock :)

Crafty Connie said...

Love the card and thanks for the instructions. I will have to try it.

Angela said...

Great card! I've been meaning to try this, but haven't gotten around to it, yet. So many new techniques...so little time. However, I DID finally post on my blog...so, there. :p hehe

Jenn D said...

This is really pretty. I just love the blues you picked. They are my favorite. Very pretty quilt card!

Barb said...

Gorgeous! What a great way to use scraps. :)

Sandi said...

Everybody has already said all the things I love about this card: gorgeous colors/dsp; love the use of the texture plates; great directions! Thank you for sharing -- love your blog.
Sandi (SUO BLOGGER GROUP #8)